- Everyday brings a chance to start over.
- Life - it goes on.
- Being a mother is the hardest job on earth. I admit it.
- The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.
- I am loved unconditionally by my Savior, my husband and my children.
- I never stop myself from doing something because I'm afraid of what people might think... Okay, yes I do - But I need to stop!
- I like salty and sweet. Like Dark chocolate caramel with sea salt. oh.my.word.
- I forgive easily, but I never forget.ever.
- I may cry, but it's not because I'm weak.
- Potato skins will clog the garbage disposal. every time.
- I prefer being at home to going out - unless it's with my family.
- Take this moment. Enjoy it.
- I can't stand bullies.
- I am a loyal friend and believe in life-long relationships.
- I will not let others write my life script - ever again.
- Crayons (Crayola brand) make me happy.
- Coffee is essential to life.
- I am enough. Enough.
- Everyone deserves to be safe.
I was obviously inspired to do this page by a page I saw in O (Oprah) Magazine. She has this section, I believe, in each monthly issue. I have always kept a list of thoughts and quotes that I've agreed on or thought were a revelation that I wanted to remember. I transferred them to these two pages and decided that I'd like to do this regularly. I chose just some of the ones I've written in my journals and I'm saving the rest for another time.
Gesso - covered both pages with gesso to give it some "tooth" and thickness.
Acrylic spray - I put some acrylic craft paint mixed with a bit of water in a spray bottle (travel size found at 99cent store), sprayed the background.
Magazine - torn out words, quotes and pictures
Rubber stamp - swirls for border
Black Staz On Ink - my favorite ink. Water proof and permanent
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut stain color for edging
Black and White Faber Castel Gelato crayons - for shading - can be used dry or like water colors
Green fine tip Sharpie Marker - Journaling