Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Wooo Pig Sooie!! DIY Canvas

This was a fun project that I did for a friend.  I picked up a few canvases on sale at Michael's and had them put away for a while.  I decided it was time to get busy with them!
I used acrylic paint and gave the whole thing a layer of gray and let it dry.  Then I randomly placed several round stickers all over the canvas.  I then painted a layer of black over the whole thing.
When that was dry, I carefully peeled the stickers off the canvas.  I was a little disappointed that some of the paint bled through the edges, but I rolled with it.
I then printed off a picture of the beloved Razorback Hog.  You can trace this or draw it out on your own.  I carefully cut it out and then Mod Podged it down.
I used foam letter stamps and acrylic paint to add the Wooo Pig Sooie!!
My final step was to sand the canvas a bit on the edges.  I just prefer that look, but you don't have to do this.
I am going to be working on another canvas this week where I do a photo transfer.  I will try to remember to take pictures of the process as well.

Have fun and let me know if you try a canvas of your own!

No comments: