Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cootie Catchers and Centerpieces...


Cootie Catchers...just typing it makes me chuckle. I don't know what else to call these little things. Remember folding these and labeling them ever so carefully in grade school? Some people call them 'fortune tellers'...either way - they've got another great use. Candy dishes!

I used 12x12 scrapbook papers for these, but you could make them with any size square sheet of paper. Loved how they turned out, but wasn't as crazy about the little heart picks that I added. They were a little top heavy and kept leaning - not too bad though.
The other things I did as center pieces for this years Valentine's Banquet was a frame that I picked up at the dollar store and added our theme, a clear vase filled with a "velvety" rose" and Red Hot candies (also purchased at the dollar store) and the black tin planter with the roses. I bought the black tins at Wal Mart on clearance and then got the roses at Michael's for 99 cents for a bunch of 6 flowers.


I liked how everything turned out this year. Did all of them in one evening.

2 comments:

Leaon Mary said...

COOTIE CATCHERS? HAHA I chuckled too! I loved your pictures! Everything is just beautiful and I like those heart picks too! You amaze me.... You're so creative!!!

Bet everyone had so much fun there.
You know that black n white scrapbook paper? I have some of that! Unless I used it all already. lol I liked your scrabble tiles! ;) heeheehaahaahoohoo

Ondray said...

I really like the name "Cootie Catchers" I bet you could market that. I just wanted to let you know I stopped in. I love you.