Sunday, October 10, 2010

More Inspiration!!


I left my art journal on the table. I had just gesso'd the page and was allowing it to dry and I had some paint on the pallete from another project. I came back to my journal to continue working on it and the page was covered in blue and magenta. I immediately called for Marco and he denied having anything to do with it. Of course, he was covered in paint - you could say he was cought red - um, magenta handed! =) I was going to tear this page out, but decided to go ahead and blend it with a little more gesso and then I let it dry. I loved it. It was from my guy and I didn't mind at all. He is my inspiration in the first place! My Curious George. I love looking at the world through his eyes. I added a recent picture from his third birthday and was very pleased with our combined efforts.

Then there's Naomi. This girl just loves to create. She got loads of money for her birthday (as I've mentioned in a previous post) and wanted to buy art supplies with it. Here she is with some water colors. She just turned 5 a couple weeks ago, but she is so independent. She did not need or want any help. She knew exactly what she was doing.

Working hard...

We finally had to get some paper towels out because this girl was on a roll. She was knocking out paintings left and right. When I saw her working on this one, I asked her where she got the idea. She replied, "It's just in my head and I want to get it out." Wow. I liked that! Often times, I will have an idea, but I chicken out and never try it. There will be something that I want to create, but will second guess myself.

Not this girl... She has no fear when it comes to expressing herself. What a lesson she has taught me!

Finished product. I think this one needs to go in a frame - what do you think?

Just a few of her masterpieces...
I am still wanting to hear from you all! What inspires you? Please do share!!

2 comments:

I am His Beloved said...

Oh! Love how you foster their little creative minds!! Love their paintings. I so get how its in me and needs to come out and I TOTALLY relate to being afraid to try new ideas and falling flat on my face. You are one of the few people in my life who inspire me to step out of my box and dare to dream!
What inspires me? Inspiring others. Inspiring them to be inspired. I literally get up in the middle of the night with these crazy blog ideas and then shake my head and say. " Julie, your crazzzzy!" ha! I've tested out a few of them and am always suprised when they come to life.
You are amazing Sherry! Love ya!

Unknown said...

your little girls paintings inspire me!